Re: [Libcdio-devel] OS/2 patches

From: KO Myung-Hun
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] OS/2 patches
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:12:56 +0900

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> Sorry for the delay. Things have been busy for me.

No problem. ^^

> It is interesting to hear back after the 5 or so years. About a month and a
> half ago we were discussing dropping libcdio's OS/2 driver altogether.  See
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2014-06/msg00004.html
>
> What motivated this was the desire to change the API to add get_track_isrc
> and Robert Kausch mentioned he had no way to test OS/2. In that, we
> realized that basically no one *is* actively testing OS/2.
>
> Aside from yourself and possibly Natalia, do you know anyone else that is
> using this?

I don't know. But those who want to build MPlayer with audio cd
supports, would be using libcdio.

> Given the low activity and difficulty for finding developers and testers,
> I'm inclined to have this maintained by you and Natalia in separately. She
> already has a fork on github of libcdio-paranoia.
>
> If OS/2 is to survive in libcdio, someone needs to commit to handle
> problems and API changes as such things arise. Are you willing to commit to
> this?

Of course. Five years ago, it's me to submit OS/2 patches as you know. ^^

> Lastly, on the first patch. It has to do with deciding on whether the use
> the libcdio-supplied getopt.c,and this is based purely on OS. OS/2 is the
> only one to not used the supplied getopt.c
>
> Rather than have a test by OS, I'd prefer a test to compile the supplied
> getopt;  if that fails, then run a test to see if there is an OS getopt.

Ok. What about testing an OS getopt first ? I think, it's better to
consider libcdio-getopt as a fallback.

--
KO Myung-Hun

Using Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.7.2
Under OS/2 Warp 4 for Korean with FixPak #15
In VirtualBox v4.1.32 on Intel Core i7-3615QM 2.30GHz with 8GB RAM

Korean OS/2 User Community : http://www.ecomstation.co.kr