Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] Hid ISO_MAX_MULTIEXTENT from public and made e

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] Hid ISO_MAX_MULTIEXTENT from public and made extent list dynamic memory
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 11:01:53 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> When you find errors like this please just fix them in the main branch.

I will first have to finish statv2 (and if it's only to demonstrate to
myself that it can be done).

Is there a way for dummies how to switch between git branches without
endangering uncommitted changes ?

> > In the current implementation this is problematic only with Rock Ridge
> > symbolic links.

Some of the sins might be harmless because at their position in the code
no Rock Ridge symlinks info would be recorded.
But i think this one is a valid bug:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/tree/lib/iso9660/iso9660_fs.c?h=pbatard-multiextent2&id=6ff34038b06ffadb66c23d86cb18f2a460359fae#n1170

The freed iso9660_stat_t *p_stat was completely created by
_iso9660_dir_to_statbuf(). So it may indeed have allocated memory at
p_stat->rr.psz_symlink.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas