Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] New API iso9660_statv2_t as API/ABI compatible

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] [RFC] New API iso9660_statv2_t as API/ABI compatible way to read files >= 4 GiB
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:46:57 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein:
> Try pulling ts-private-problem now and I think the problems you were
> encountering are now fixed.

Yes. Putting #ifndef CDIO_ISO9660_H_ around #include <cdio/iso9660.h>
seems to have done the trick.

But i do not understand why this works better than the already existing
#ifndef CDIO_ISO9660_H_ around the code part of include/cdio/iso9660.h.

Actually, it still works if i re-include <stdbool.h> and include
<cdio/iso9660.h> unconditionally.
Exactly this gesture did not work on two of my attempts before i created
that branch ts-private-problem. Last attempt was 2 days ago and is
reported in
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2018-07/msg00032.html

This raises the suspicion that the cause of the problem was not fixed
and that it can arise again under some circumstance.
(I remember to have switched branches and done "make clean" ...)

Rocky, be so kind and explain to me what was the problem and why your
change

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/commit/?h=ts-private-problem&id=43787c97deedc5d054fc7c17503c3b14c4b00162

is supposed to solve it.

Have anice day :)