Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 13:31:55 -0400

It turns out while I had actually built your branch and installed it to
/usr/local, I had a release in /usr/pkg.  Sorry - I should be more
careful, but I'm not so used to flipping between pkg and hand built.

I ran "gmake check" on your branch, and there's still an mmc_read issue
like on master, but everything else is ok.

* cdda-player

cdda-player seems to be in better shape.  On startup I get a lot of
"SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0x43 sts 3".  I then see "status: invalid" but as I
type a a * comes and goes.   I can type l to see  a listing of times,
which seems plausible, and typing numbers gets me things like
  action : play track 7 to track 18.
at the bottom.

I wondered if the stderr was messing up curses (^L doesn't seem to
redraw), so I redirected stderr.

Besides the "invalid", probably about cmd 0x43, I noticed

  right arrow seems to move to track 1
  left arrow doesn't seem to have an effect

  l shows the track listing but doesn't seem to unshow it again, which ?
  leads me to expect.

  ? shows help, but then typing space (because of the press any key to
  continue) doesn't remove it.  pushing l a few times redraws that.

On the plus side, I can hear the drive spin down if I exit, and e
ejected the disk.

(other curses things seem to generally work)

So I withdraw my "not working" characterization.  My drive doesn't have
headphones or audio wiring (that I know of - the test system is a
hand-me-down dell and I have never tried to play audio cds).

* cd-paranoia

Log follows, from your branch and libcdio-paranoia master:

  cdparanoia III release 10.2 libcdio 2.0.0 x86_64-unknown-netbsd7.1
  (C) 2001 Monty <address@hidden> and Xiphophorus
  (C) 2004, 2005, 2008 Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>
  (C) 2014 Robert Kausch <address@hidden>

  Report bugs to address@hidden

  ++ WARN: ioctl CDIOREADMSADDR failed: Invalid argument

  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  SCIOCCOMMAND cmd 0xbe sts 3
  010: Unable to access sector 169348352: skipping...
  405: Option not supported by drive
  401: Invalid track number 255
  Selected span contains non audio track at track 19.  Aborting.

To make sure I'm not still confused, I did "git checkout master" in
libcdio, and then gmake clean/gmake in obj, and installed,a nd then did
clean/build/install in libcdio-paranoia, and then I get:

  (C) 2001 Monty <address@hidden> and Xiphophorus
  (C) 2004, 2005, 2008 Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>
  (C) 2014 Robert Kausch <address@hidden>

  Report bugs to address@hidden

  405: Option not supported by drive
  Ripping from sector       0 (track  1 [0:00.00])
            to sector  345411 (track 18 [4:51.44])

  outputting to track01.cdda.wav
  [and I hear the disc]

I will try to look into this but am out of cycles for today.