Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD

From: Edd Barrett
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD_MSF_FORMAT vs LBA on NetBSD
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:41:17 +0000

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 07:31:46PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> The following run now works for me without raising further suspicions:
>
>   cd-paranoia -d /dev/sr4 -Q
>
> I could need exact instructions about what further tests to run.

Can you try the following quick tests.

1) Rip an entire CD:
  cd-paranoia -B

2) Rip a span of a CD:
   cd-paranoia 6-8

> Edd: How to proceed git-wise now ?
>
> Shall i branch from your branches and collect fixes ? (New clone from
> better address ?)
>
> Shall i produce patches which you put into your branches ?

How independent are my changes from yours after all? I suppose that will
decide what the right thing to do is.

If your stuff is independent we can merge them separately. If not, we
probably need to get your changes on top of mine in a branch..

> > For cdio_paranoia changes, use the usual github process of submitting pull
> > request.
>
> I hope that Edd knows what is usual there. :))

I'm versed with pull requests, but not with GNU practices.

(I'd like to review my branch and to some squashing before we do
anything)

> Well, first he will have to test my changes.

Agreed.

> > Also, if Edd hasn't filled out a FSF copyright release form, he should do
> > that.
>
> Last time i discussed that with FSF personel the answer was that libcdio
> was not registered as copyrighted by FSF.

Let me know about this. As long as I don't have to sign my soul away.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk