libcdio-help

Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?

From: 桃源老師
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-help] Does libcdio can work with macOS (Mac OS X)?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 21:54:17 +0900

Hello Rocky-san,

Thanks for kind support...

> 2017/09/16 午後9:31、Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>のメール:

> Testsuite summary for libcdio 0.94
> # TOTAL: 15
> # PASS:  8
> # SKIP:  4
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  3
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
> See test/driver/test-suite.log
> Please report to https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=libcdio
>
> Does this mean something wrong?
>
> It means MMC commands aren't working on macosx.  If you run the tests
> individually, e.g. test/drive/mmc_read  you'll get more information on what
> is wrong.
>
> The two most obvious problems are not having permission to access the drive
> and the program not being able determine
> the correct drive.

You are right.  As bellow shows, my optical drive is /dev/disk3 currently.  (It
alters)  But seems to open /dev/rdisk2 and then fails.

$ test/driver/mmc_read /dev/disk3
--DEBUG: Trying driver AIX
--DEBUG: Trying driver BSDI
--DEBUG: Trying driver FreeBSD
--DEBUG: Trying driver NetBSD
--DEBUG: Trying driver GNU/Linux
--DEBUG: Trying driver Solaris
--DEBUG: Trying driver OS2
--DEBUG: Trying driver OS X
   INFO: found driver OS X
--DEBUG: Adding drive /dev/rdisk2 to list of devices
--DEBUG: Adding drive /dev/rdisk9 to list of devices
--DEBUG: Adding drive /dev/rdisk3 to list of devices
--DEBUG: Adding NULL to end of drive list of size 3
--DEBUG: Trying driver AIX
--DEBUG: Trying driver BSDI
--DEBUG: Trying driver FreeBSD
--DEBUG: Trying driver NetBSD
--DEBUG: Trying driver GNU/Linux
--DEBUG: Trying driver Solaris
--DEBUG: Trying driver OS2
--DEBUG: Trying driver OS X
++ WARN: open (/dev/rdisk2): Permission denied
--DEBUG: Trying driver WIN32
cdio_open('/dev/rdisk2') failed

> > As for the linker error, that is easily explained because
> > "-Wl,-framework,DiskArbitration"  is missing in the ffmpeg link command.
>
> > When you see the configure message "checking for DiskArbitration
> > framework... yes" those linker options are added.
>
> OK.  I'll tell ffmpeg team above.  Doesn't it required in pkgconfig file,
> *.pc on your side?
>
> Yes it does. When I checked on my test system in libcdio.pc that string was
> in there. So you should check too to make sure it
> is not a problem on your side as opposed to the FFMpeg side.

I have checked git head of libcdio.pc and confirmed have that string!!

And I have already requested to fix the issue to ffmeg team.  Now I'm waiting
for their reply...

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi