libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/Linux/dvbuffer3.h cvd_src/Linux/dvbu...

From: Georg Klein
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] libcvd cvd/Linux/dvbuffer3.h cvd_src/Linux/dvbu...
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:22:15 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Edward Rosten wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Georg Klein wrote:

The rationale behind this is that libDC1394v2 is a nice API. It's much more sane to use that v1, and it also supports the new linux firewire stack (juju); this combo ships out of the box with e.g. newish fedora distributions. I'm also told that libdc1394v2 works in MacOS, and might work in Win32 soon.

Sounds good.

Since the old DVBuffer includes the v1 headers in it, it's not easy to retrofit without code breakage, hence the new class. This one abstracts the libdc1394 headers away.

Unfortunately I still don't understand how autotools work, so none of this gets built! Can anyone (Ed!) help out with this? If libdc1394 version 2 is

I don't have it installed, so can't write the specific checks. I can give whatever help is needed.

installed, it should build dvbuffer3_dc1394v2.cc; otherwise, if v1 is installed and dvbuffer gets built, dvbuffer3_dv1394v1.cc should be compiled (but not ever both.)

Sure:

You need a "check for library" command like this:

CHECK_FOR_LIBRARY(png, [
        AC_CHECK_HEADERS(png.h, [], [a=1])
        AC_CHECK_LIB(png, png_init_io, [], [a=1])
])

So far so good - but the way it's done right now in the CVD configure, `dvbuffer' takes the place of `png'. I'd want to do the checks for libdc1394v1, and libdc1394v2. How do I then make these affect the options listed in options_all etc?