liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Liberty Eiffel vs ISE Eiffel

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Liberty Eiffel vs ISE Eiffel
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 20:35:14 +0000

Mh, the main differences in the language are more or less described here:

http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/ECMA

Formerly SmartEiffel/Liberty did not support ECMA features at all, but this is currently changing

and probably the biggest difference is that core library shipped with the compiler.

Back when I used ISE, the runtime environment was much bigger and a bit slower. Also the compilation procedure/runtime is different. There are pros and cons on both sides.

My feeling is, that ISE is even more focused on PC software. For Liberty there is at least the goal to be able to use the core library without GC.

Rapha

Zitat von Christian Rinderknecht <address@hidden>:

Dear members,

Could you list the main differences between Liberty Eiffel and ISE
Eiffel, either syntactic or semantic? What differences in their
compilers and runtime too?

Best regards,

Christian