liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] syntax of free_operator

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] syntax of free_operator
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:16:07 +0000

Hi,

you might want to take a look at class ABSTRACT_STRING in lib/string. There is an infix operator "#" defined:

infix "#" (a_value: ABSTRACT_STRING): ABSTRACT_STRING
  -- comment
  do
create {PARTIALLY_FILLED_STRING} Result.from_string_and_arg(Current, a_value)
  end

and you can use it
local
  addr, name, street: STRING
do
  name = "Mr. X"
  street = "Wallstreet"
  addr := once "name = #(1) street = #(2)" # name # street
end

How does the class you want to compile look like? Where does it fail? What is the error message?

Rapha

Zitat von Laurie Moye <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I'm trying to get some old SE code to compile uinder Libery. I have a lot of esoteric infix operators, for example matrix operators starting with #, which upset the compiler.

The syntax tree in
http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/Syntax_diagrams
has references to Free_operator, but it is never defined.

Where can I find the current syntax of infix operators, please?

           Laurie