liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Eiffel Windows Support

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Eiffel Windows Support
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 21:21:55 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 06.03.2016, 19:49 +0000 schrieb Bernd Schoeller:
> On 06/03/16 19:04, Raphael Mack wrote:
> > About more concrete steps, that some into my mind:
> > The first step (after familiarization with Eiffel) in this project is
> > clearly to bootstrap the compiler on Windows with a native C compiler
> > (e. g. PellesC).
>
> May I ask why PellesC and not MinGW/MSYS? The license of PellesC does
> not seem to be GNU compatible, so I consider it dangerous to build on
> this foundation.

This is a good point, I never checked the license, so yes, this should
definitely be one of the first things to do: choose a suitable compiler.
Somehow it seemed easy to redistribute PelleC, I think that was one of
the reasons why it came into the discussion.
@Hans: can you say more about this?

I never worked with MinGW (as also with PellesC), but it seems to be a
worthwhile option. Thanks Bernd for pointing that out!

Regards,
Rapha