liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 3 - here: reas

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Liberty-eiffel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 3 - here: reasoning for using Pelles-C on Windows
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:54:36 +0100

Hi,

I also agree. I personally never checked the license of PellesC and from
this dicussion it is clear that it's better to choose MingW as the
compiler integrated in a LibertyEiffel package for seemingless
installation.

On the other side I am also pragmatic and think it is even more
important to have something working than to be political correct. (I
don't say the latter is not important.) The one who does counts more
than those just discussing. Again: the latter group is also important
and I am glad to see this discussion going on. - The one who cares and
discusses is more important for the project than the billions of people
ignoring LibertyEiffel. They all are equally important for mankind and
now I stop (with the hope you got my point) because I am already
off-topic.

And also a patch to make LibertyEiffel C output compatible with
Microsoft VisualC compiler is welcome, so why not for PellesC? But yes,
there is a difference between supporting a compiler and propagating its
use by inclusion.

BTW: I adjusted the GSoC idea and replaced PellesC by MingW but I kept
the "e. g.". - In the hope this is political acceptable for all :-)

Full of hope,
Rapha