liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: OrgaDoc 0.9 Release

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Fwd: OrgaDoc 0.9 Release
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:03:28 +0200

I should rejoice for every release of a GNU package.

And I do rejoice for renewed efforts on this program.

You may wonder why I forward it. That's easy.

It is implemented in GNU Eiffel. But a "slightly old" release: SmartEiffel 1.1, Gobo 3.3 and Expat library.

It may seem to be a huge failure of mine - I feel responsible for the sad state of Liberty Eiffel these days - but as I gave a quick glance to its logs (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/orgadoc.git/log/) I discover another truth: there a 13 years interval between the commits of 0.9 release and previous ones.

It was 2004, a vastly different world.

I think it would be a nice idea to politely get in touch with Adam and ask him if we can team up: orgadoc may be a good test bench for the Liberty.

A quick survey of the sources reveal that Gobo is used for its lexer and parser generators which may be replaced.

Let me dive a little deeper in their code, I dearly wish I could help them to update to Liberty...