libextractor

[libextractor] extractor metadata and XML/RDF

From: Andreas Harth
Subject: [libextractor] extractor metadata and XML/RDF
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:07:38 +0100

Hello,

I'm working on SWSE [1], a Semantic Web Search Engine.  The aim
is to collect arbitrary content from the Web and make the metadata
available for search and query.

Extractor looks like exactly the right tool for extracting metadata
from legacy formats.  However, the resulting metadata are name-value
pairs, which makes post-processing difficult.

Do you have (or are there efforts in that direction) a more formal
way of returning metadata? I can see XML or better RDF fitting there.
I'd like to add some terms from standard ontologies (such as Dublin
Core and Friend of a Friend) to the output, probably using sed
scripts in the beginning if there is currently nothing else available.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://swse.org/