libjit

Re: [Libjit] Clarification of license

From: Eli Bendersky
Subject: Re: [Libjit] Clarification of license
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 05:38:47 -0700

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:55 AM, Aleksey Demakov <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Eli,

2013/10/16 Eli Bendersky <address@hidden>:
> 1. The documentation has a section "Why we use GPL and not LGPL for libjit".
> Also, the main COPYING file in the source distribution (from git) is GPL
> 2. On the other hand, the source files have a LGPL comment header on them
> and COPYING.LESSER is also present

Thanks for the report. Perhaps you are looking at some obsolete
version of the docs. I have to admit that on my own site the docs are
obsolete too. Sorry for confusion.

However the current libjit home has up to date docs where the section
you are referring to has been removed already:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libjit/doc/libjit.html

The thing is that libjit used to be GPL only. But since the release
0.1.2 all the contributors agreed to use LGPL for it.

Thanks for the quick reply, Aleksey. To avoid confusion for others, may I suggest removing or updating out-of-date online docs, as well as removing COPYING from the git repo, leaving only COPYING.LESSER?

Eli