libjit

Re: [Libjit] Stack alignment in 32-bit MinGW builds

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Libjit] Stack alignment in 32-bit MinGW builds
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 05:34:57 +0300

> From: Aleksey Demakov <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:57:35 +0300
> Cc: libjit <address@hidden>
>
> It should be possible with some not very big effort.

Thanks, this is great news.

> Besides I would like to make a new libjit release now. With all the
> bugfixes accumulated over the years and before making very large
> breaking changes such as new register allocator. I just wanted to make
> sure it works on cygwin or mingw32 before the release. You seem to be
> able to build on mingw32?

Yes, I'm using the 32-bit MinGW (from mingw.org).  The build goes well
(modulo the few warnings which I already reported).  The only
non-trivial issue was to figure out that I should configure with
"--enable-long-double", since the compiler is GCC and not MSVC.

One qualification: 32-bit Emacs built with libjit doesn't yet work
well on MS-Windows, and I'm still working on this.  Most probably it's
a problem of integration with Emacs, though, not a libjit problem.

Thanks.