[libmicrohttpd] SSL support?

From: Kim Barrett
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] SSL support?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:39:28 -0400

There were a couple of messages about a month ago on this list
indicating that SSL/TLS support is under active development, and
perusing svn I see activity in this area. Is there any estimate for
when this support might be complete? I'm in the process of evaluating
several possible support libraries for http servers (for my employer)
and microhttpd is my present preferred choice, except for the lack of
SSL support. We don't need SSL absolutely immediately, so would
consider using microhttpd if we have some reasonable confidence that
SSL support will exist in the not too distant future. So how is that
work going? Is it a (relatively) straight-forward addition, or is it
requiring significant architectural changes to microhttpd?  Are any
API changes required, and if so, how extensive? And is there anything
we can do to help ensure that SSL will be supported reasonably soon?