Re: [libmicrohttpd] Compiling libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows

From: Michael Lenaghan
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Compiling libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:09:39 -0500

>> In my case--and no doubt this is a little odd--I placed unversioned
>> dlls in my lib dir. But: each dll knows its original name, and that's
>> what the linker records. So you still need to distribute the
>> *versioned* dlls, not the *unversioned* ones.
>
> MHD and PlibC both use libtool, which should do all this for you
> automatically.
>
>> $ cp /mingw/bin/libgcrypt-11.dll /mingw/lib/libgcrypt.dll
>> $ cp /mingw/bin/libgpg-error-0.dll /mingw/lib/libgpg-error.dll
>> $ cp /mingw/bin/libiconv-2.dll /mingw/lib/libiconv.dll
>> $ cp /mingw/bin/libintl-8.dll /mingw/lib/libintl.dll
>> $ cp /mingw/bin/pthreadGC2.dll /mingw/lib/libpthread.dll
>>

> I only use the "versioned" DLLs, I never copied mine like that.

If you properly build and/or install the DLLs yourself you'll have
unversioned import libraries already sitting in /lib. If, on the other
hand, all you have are the already-built DLLs you'll either need to
create unversioned import libraries or copy to unversioned DLLs. All
paths lead to the same result; it's just that some paths are shorter.