Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patches for Windows version of libmicrohttpd

From: Gerrit Telkamp
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patches for Windows version of libmicrohttpd
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:48:28 +0200

Furthermore, an older version of plibc.h was in the include directory.
This gives some problems if you are using a newer version of the PlibC
library. So I propose to exclude src/include/plibc.h from the SVN
The problem is that UNIX users won't have PlibC installed on their system, but
we need the header to

#define SHUTDOWN shutdown

and the like (otherwise the code won't compile).  That's why it is shipped
with MHD right now, and while I think we should keep it up-to-date.  Nils
should worry about backwards-compatibility.  Maybe one way to do this would be
to split it into a plibc_unix.h and a plibc_w32.h -- and then we might only
ship plibc_unix.h and avoid most compatibility issues in the future.

Nils, what do you think of this idea?

In any case, I don't think removing plibc.h is an option.
Ok, but alternatively the header could be imported using #ifdef in daemon.c:

#ifdef WINDOWS
#include <plibc.h>
#endif

?
Well, your change simply takes it out on W32 always; I think we should do at
least something like
#ifdef IPV6_V6ONLY
#endif
(instead of using "0").