[libmicrohttpd] Aborting chunked responses

From: Jared Cantwell
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Aborting chunked responses
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:11:52 -0500

Thanks for a great piece of software-- it has helped me tremendously to quickly implement a key feature for us.  I have a question about chunked uploads that I was hoping you could help me with.  According to the documentation (and my reading of the code), when using MHD_ContentReaderCallback to return chunks of data (i.e. in response to a GET request), there doesn't seem to be a way to indicate that the chunked response failed.  Returning 0 will try again, -1 will assume the transfer completed successfully.  Is there a way to indicate to MHD that a chunked response failed?

The reason I ask is that we are transferring files on the order of 10s of GBs, and we're getting this data from throughout our cluster.  Midway through the transfer, anything could happen, and it would be nice to just prematurely close the connection to signal failure (instead of assuming the end of the chunked data was reached).  Am I missing something in the interface, or is this just not currently possible?

Thanks for any help!!
~Jared