Re: [libmicrohttpd] post processor with content-type application/xml

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] post processor with content-type application/xml
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:17:29 +0100

On Tuesday 14 December 2010 18:30:36 shoutee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to process a HTTP POST with 'Content-Type:application/xml'.
> Futhermore the XML part is chunked.
> Due to the refernce manual the post processor does only support
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded and multipart/form-data.
> How do I get the XML data without the post processor? Is this possible?
> Otherwise I'm thinking about adding this content type to the post processor
> routines.

The post processor doesn't support XML at this point.  However, you do not
need to use it: you can just take the stream of data you get from the access
handler callback and feed it into your XML parser directly.  Hacking the post
processor to support XML is likely to be unnecessarily tricky and you might
not be able to map full XML to the PostProcessor API anyway.

Finally, you don't have to worry about chunked encoding, any chunking will
have been taken out by MHD before the access handler callback.  So just giving
the upload data to your XML lexer should do.

Happy hacking,