Re: [libmicrohttpd] How to record messages

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] How to record messages
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:08:44 +0100

On 03/12/2013 03:47 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am using an open source product (MIT Licensed) that consists of a large,
> complex outer application that communicates with a small, relatively simple
> inner application.  It's the inner application I am really interested in.
> It's code looks very strong, but it's documentation is very weak.
>
> The outer application communicates with the inner engine through a REST
> interface.  The inner engine uses libmicrohttpd to give it its web activity.
> I can put the inner engine through its paces by using the outer application.
> If I could capture the messages that are passed back and forth, I could
> understand the interface.
>
> Does libmicrohttpd have some switch I can throw to write all the messages it
> receives or sends to a file?  Or alternatively, can you tell me where I
> should insert code to accomplish this?
>
>                  Regards, Rick

While adding code to do this would certainly be possible, I don't think this is
the way to do it.

If I were you, I'd use wireshark to grab the HTTP traffic on the network level
(works also for
loopback!) and you get complete information and a nice viewer on top of it ---
without writing
any code!

Happy hacking!