Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD threading models: what model is similar to Least

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD threading models: what model is similar to Least Connected?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 23:49:43 +0300

It's a basic of theory of mass telecommunication.
Developed with first automatic telephone exchange.
In overloaded situation - just reject some part of incoming traffic as
retries only prevent end of overload.

You can do it manually.
Start MHD with MHD_USE_NO_LISTEN_SOCKET and process polling of listen
socket in your own thread. Use MHD_add_connection() when new connection
arrive.
As soon as you detect "overload" of MHD - start new MHD instance without
listen socket and use MHD_add_connection() with new MHD instance.

--
Best Wishes,
Evgeny Grin