Re: [libmicrohttpd] Websockets

From: silvioprog
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Websockets
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:05:56 -0300

Hello John,

I'm sure this example will be very useful for us! :-)

Thank you!

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:59 PM, John Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
No problem.  Thank you so much for your work on the library.  It's great!  When I write some macros to do what's required I'll follow them up with a mailing list post so others can use them  if they want.  Shouldn't take too long to do.

~J

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:
On 03/18/2017 01:44 AM, John Duncan wrote:
> Websockets and RFC6455.  I noticed the test_upgrade.c unit test code
> doesn't provide the accept handshake key combination hashing specified on
> page 8 of the RFC, in the section "opening handshake."
>
> Apparently we're supposed to combine the websocket key with a predesignated
> static GUID, hash it, and send it back.  Without doing this, current
> firefox refuses to accept a websocket connection to MHD.
>

> My question is, should I write this functionality myself or are there plans
> for MHD to implement it in the future with macros or such?  It seems very
> easy to implement but I don't want to implement my own code if the library
> has plans to implement this functionality for users directly.  Don't want
> to duplicate efforts etc.

Right now, the expectation is that you need to write this yourself, at
least I have no plans to do more in terms of API than what we have today
with respect to "HTTP Upgrade".

Happy hacking!

Silvio Clécio