libqtlua-list

Re: [Libqtlua-list] Can not run qtlua

From: Alexandre Becoulet
Subject: Re: [Libqtlua-list] Can not run qtlua
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:55:29 +0100

On Monday 01 February 2010 10:02:39 you wrote:

Hi,

> lua version 5.1.4
> Tinycore Linux (www.tinycorelinux.com)
> gcc 4.2.2

Thanks for the detailed report.
I use lua 5.1.4 too.

> Most of the examples under cpp works, however one of the programs in
> the mvc directory, tabletreeview, exposed the "PANIC" problem while
> the other mvc examples seemed to work without problem.
>
> Commenting line 47 in qtlua.cc removed the "PANIC" problem, however
> the follow problems occur:
>
>    Running qtlua without arguments pops up a window with an
> intercative lua "shell". After typing arbitrary text in the followed
> by return, the application terminates with the following message:
>
>   "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'QtLua::String'
>    Aborted"

As you may have noticed the whole qtlua main function code is enclosed in
try/catch construct. They should be no way for the QtLua::String exception to
escape.

QtLua heavily use C++ exception mechanism to handle lua errors and report
errors to lua. Lua internally use longjmp/setjmp functions to report errors.

I guess you have a problem with C++ exceptions not working properly on your
system. This may be due to compiler configuration or exceptions not crossing
shared library boundaries, which is a common issue.

http://tinycorelinux.com/forum/index.php?topic=2360

--
Alexandre