libqtlua-list

Re: [Libqtlua-list] libqtlua and require

From: Alexandre Becoulet
Subject: Re: [Libqtlua-list] libqtlua and require
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 00:47:32 +0100

On Tuesday 16 February 2010 23:01:40 minicz wrote:

Hi,

> I like to know if is possible use libqtlua with a "standard" Lua
> interpreter.

QtLua links against any installed lua library and doesn't include the lua
interpreter code so that you can use a standard or modified lua interpreter.

From the mail subject I guess you want to know if libqtlua is a lua module
usable with require.

QtLua is not a lua binding to use Qt from lua, even if it allows writing some
parts of a Qt user interface in lua. Although it would probably be possible to
make libqtlua a lua module, it would not give you access to the whole Qt API
without writing some C++ code or augmenting the embedded "qt" lua library.

QtLua is a script engine for Qt. It is designed to extend a Qt application
using lua by exposing some Qt and application specific objects to embedded lua
scripts. The purpose of QtLua is to make this process simple for the C++
application developer and to let him choose which part of the application must
be exposed to lua scripts.

Best,

--
Alexandre