Re: [libredwg] building under Windows with Cygwin

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] building under Windows with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:37:04 -0200

Maybe we should put this (and your previous e-mail to Till as well) in a documentation page.

2009/12/16 <address@hidden>
I have successfully built LibreDWG in a Windows XP machine today.

But I have had some issues, so here is what I did:

Install Cygwin.
In the installer you must open the "devel" list expander and select these packages:
git, automake, gcc, make, libtool

after installing cygwin, open it and type: this will fetch our current development code. Enter the directory with:

cd libredwg

I did not find ps-lib package in the cygwin distribution. This package is needed for one of our exemple programs, which outputs postcript files from a given dwg.
For now, you should edit examples/Makefile.am and remove all references to dwg_ps

Then in order to build, the common procedure would be the usual:

./configure

make
make install
make check

unfortunatelly, for some not yet well know reason, it complained about libtool version.
So, to fix that, I did type this command:

autoreconf -i

This recreates the configure script using the currently installed version of libtool (I think - correct me if I'm wrong).
Then you can do this to build:

./configure
make

and this to install the lib:
make install

and then you do this to build the examples:
make check

Happy Hacking!
Felipe "Juca" Sanches

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP