Re: [libredwg] [bug #28858] Segfaults on DWG file

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [libredwg] [bug #28858] Segfaults on DWG file
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:13:00 +0000

+++ Felipe Sanches [2010-02-23 12:58 -0300]:

> > OK. I now have the DXF file exported from autoCAD of the same drawing.
> > That has a load of info about viewports and layers lost in the PDF.
> >
> > Not sure if it is still needed, but it's probably helpful. Now
> > available at: http://wookware.org/files/23Nightingale.dxf
> >

> I'm not sure yet how to use DXF versions of DWG files in LibreDWG
> debugging, but I am sure there might be some interesting techniques
> involving the usage of DXF files. I gotta study the subject more
> carefully to come up with something.
>
> Right now it is not much useful, but it can be useful someday, so
> thank you for sending the file. I'll save it and study carefully.
> Thanks.

No problem. One little thing just to save some confusion later: The
DXF is not _exactly_ the same as the DWG. Two extra dinensions have
been added to one of the elevations in the DXF version, so I guess it
has 2 or 4 more entities. Unfortunately I have not been sent exactly
equivalent versions in both DXF and DWG.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/