Re: [libredwg] R2007 header decoding

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] R2007 header decoding
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:20:30 -0300

On 20-06-2010 12:31, Till Heuschmann wrote:
Hi All.

Have you noticed that there is a new version of the specs available?
The new version contains informations about r2007 header compression and
r2010 fields in objects.

It looks like there's nothing about R2010 file structure (section 6 is empty). Although, there's information on R2010 object fields.

Recently we got stuck with r2007 rs decoding which turns out is not the
problem (ignoring the rs-parity bytes the data bytes can be used as they
are!) but the compression of the headers. Fortunately the compression
algorithms are covered (~90% of them, the spec-document seems to be
broken ;) )

I will spend some time with the headers. Is someone else working in this
area?

Are you going to work on R2010 header decoding as well? I can update dwg.spec - the updated specs can also give us a light on obscure fields and objects.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
GNU LibreDWG maintainer