Re: [libredwg] Getting empty output

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Getting empty output
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:29:32 -0300

An empty (or incomplete/invalid) svg file is probably caused by a
segfault in parsing or an invalid pointer into the Dwg_Data struct (that
is, a bug).

Please file a bug report, and attach the DWG file, the resulting SVG
file and the full libredwg output.

On 26-06-2011 19:39, Davinder Kumar wrote:
>> it does help if you post your DWG somewhere se we can take a look.
> I have submitted the patch.

Just to clarify, a *patch* is a piece of code that corrects a problem.
See [0].

If you have any further problems, please submit a *bug* report in [1].
If you don't provide the full output and the DWG file, there's nothing
nothing we can do. Remember to follow all the procedures listed in our
wiki[2].

As Ries said, LibreDWG is still alpha and we work on it on our (scarse)
spare time voluntarily. It is likely to have all sorts of bugs.

We appreciate that you are testing, it will definitely help us improve
the code. But please make sure you read all the instructions in the wiki
carefully. If something is not clear, please ask us.

[0] https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Patch_%28computing%29
[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=libredwg
[2] http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibreDWG#Building
--