Re: [libredwg] qcad license

From: R. van Twisk
Subject: Re: [libredwg] qcad license
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:59:59 -0500

Actually,

we (LibreCAD) can't. LibreCAD is still based on the GPLv2 version of QCad.
Currently there are no plans to change any of LibreCAD's core to what's
currently
QCad3.
At this moment LibreCAD is in a beta stage and there are still some
bug's/crashes to solve
before a 2.0.0 will be released. After that it depends a bit on how QCad
and LibreCAD are beeing picked up.

The main problem for LibreCAD is that it's based on a old core and somewhat
messy code
so it's hard to maintain and fix bugs.

Who knows what teh future will bring! But in the end, that just depends on the
community..