Re: [libredwg] GSoC: Setting stone rolling

From: Till Heuschmann
Subject: Re: [libredwg] GSoC: Setting stone rolling
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:18:18 +0200

Hi Avneet,

the R2007 decoding works for some simple files but there are some things that need to be done:

- The way the color information is read
- changing all native character strings to unicode (unsigned short) and including a library that does the string conversion
- implement checksum calculating/checking (R2004/R2007)
- Check if decoding of all known entities/objects works correctly
- implement RS error correction (include the library that is mentioned in the spec)
- ...

To get your hands dirty you can start with the color decoding. I once figured out how it works and can tell you in prose.