Re: [libredwg] Someone would like to join "again"

From: Avneet Kaur
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Someone would like to join "again"
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 01:10:43 +0530

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Felipe Castro <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Welcome back.

> It's nice to see that people keep working on this stuff. I'm having a bit of
> time to dive into libredwg in these next few months, and I'd like to offer
> some help in order to reach a first release

We feel lucky that we got a chance to work with you.

> Isn't it to get a working and useful reading library for the early versions
> (R13, R14, R2000, R2004)? If
> it is working, why not to release just like that, an alpha version?

Library supporting these versions. But on parsing R2004 DWG file, it
throws segFault.
I think you should go through out once from previous mails to get an Idea.

> Next step, try to work out the writing capability?

Yes, agreed with you.
We have to concentrate on it's encoding functionality too.

> Next one, work on further versions (R2007, and so on)?

It is already in our GSoC milestones [0].

> I'm trying to understand the changes in the "refactoring" branch. I think
> it's mainly a matter of splitting the code in some smaller files. More
> include files to worry about, maybe it's worthwhile, if it brings more
> organization.

You can suggest any improvements.

>The doxygen stuff is cool also.

Thank you.

> And the r2007 stuff, I didn't touch it, too much for my brain now...

We will do now. :)

[0]:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/avneet/16001

--
Er. Avneet Kaur
Blog: www.avneetkhasla.wordpress.com

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working
together is success."