[libredwg] Architecture, Free Software, DWG, BIM and IFC

From: Duncan Lithgow
Subject: [libredwg] Architecture, Free Software, DWG, BIM and IFC
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:07:49 +0200

Filipe asked if I'm an architect and I started digressing, so now in a new thread...

Yes, architect and project manager, etc ... dk.linkedin.com/in/duncanlithgow/

To change the subject for a moment ... as far as free software support for architectural and engineering practices and workflows goes I think support for IFC is very interesting, and a real chance for free software principles to gain traction. Look up OpenBIM. The whole idea of owners owning their information is very alive in the BIM discussion. See
* http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifcexporter/
* http://ifcopenshell.org/
* http://www.ifcwiki.org/index.php/Open_Source
* http://bimserver.org/

FreeCAD is beginning to implement IFC and BIM objects.

Sorry for going off topic.

Duncan

--
Tomorrow's illiterate will not be the man who can't read; he will be the man who has not learned how to learn - Alvin Toffler

https://trustcloud.com/!/duncan.lithgow