[libredwg] [patch #8163] dump program to allow further testing

From: Reini Urban
Subject: [libredwg] [patch #8163] dump program to allow further testing
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 06:57:25 -0400 (EDT)

Update of patch #8163 (project libredwg):

             Assigned to:                    None => reini_urban

Follow-up Comment #4:

Hi Felipe,
Looking back at this ancient feature.
I see the need for a special dwg dumper outside of setting LIBREDWG_TRACE=2-4
I also saw your libdwg/programs/dwg-dump

Now libredwg already has a print callback for that, there's no need for an
extra dump callback. Currently we have 4 callback methods: decode, encode,
print and free.

The current dumper is called programs/dwgread, which is LIBREDWG_TRACE
sensitive. Without LIBREDWG_TRACE it is silent.
A --verbose/-v or --quiet/-q flag might be better suited for that.
Your dwg-dump -v options clashes with that.

For consistency we might want to call it programs/dwgprint - the name of our
callback -, but that might be misleading. Or programs/dwgdump.

A good dumper should support multiple output formats:
plain text, JSON, YAML, xml.

I'll add this to a branch, and see if we can use some it. My guess is that we
already have most of it.

Thanks anyway, appreciated.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8163>

  Message sent via/by Savannah