librefm-designers

Re: [Librefm-designers] Welcome to the developers list!

From: Hox Vox
Subject: Re: [Librefm-designers] Welcome to the developers list!
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:23:03 +0200

Brad Jensen ha scritto:
Reviews are always a great place to start. Finding out what some of us do and don't like about similar sites (last.fm <http://last.fm>) would be helpful to everyone. Any new ideas that we might have would be great to hear, also.
Good point. I think we should start from features then "dress them" with graphics. Design changes, if you got plenty of elements to manage instead of a sparse page you must change your strategy.

I think we should work on define what must be into a profile page, what's in an artist page, and plan also on how to promote them through their page, reccomendations, charts etcetera... and don't say I'm a musician so I think about my backyard :-D, I think the whole project is about SPREAD: spread free music and let people know other artists than the majors' ones, spread the idea a world of free services is not an utopia.

There's a philosophy underneat, so let's pay attention not to sell it like they do in Bebo or iLike (I may be wrong, just express my point of view).

Plus I'd like to know if we can make also INFORMATION through the site: have kind of newspaper of music, with people who cooperate to fetch contents (review, specials, into-deep analysis).

You understand that can be a wide array of possibilities/combinations, so better plan from the basement.

In my opinion, of course!