Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Troll the NSA

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Troll the NSA
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:20:27 -0400

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 21:42 +0530, A. Mani wrote:
> > http://trollthensa.com/
<snip>
> But how we do this in a natural, easy way that is minimalistic and
> integrates well with the daily lives of people?
> That is a difficult problem.

Google seems to have approximated this with their Ingress game. It leads
to people sitting in cars outside landmarks on their phones for long
periods of time, and groups coordinating discussion of who will sit at
what landmarks at what time. Many of its players have been harassed by
police for doing this.

Perhaps a similar game, based on free software, with an objective of
constructing an accurate 3d representation of landmarks by taking lots
of pictures of them, would accomplish similar goals.

--
Sent from Ubuntu