[libreplanet-discuss] Free Software does earn programmers a living

From: Andri Effendi
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Free Software does earn programmers a living
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 21:27:07 GMT

Some one in the emailing list just said:

"(I know making money is not the main point of Free Software, but having such a list will help alleviate one of the most common concerns people have when first introduced to Free Software)"

That is entirely misleading.
Free Software is not referring to $$$ at all!

It refers to the 4 Freedoms of Free Software.
just go to gnu.org to find out all the basics.

Many people including me are setting up or have already setup businesses which distribute Free Software whilst earning money in the process.

For instance, I create or modify a program that a customer specifically asked for, as long as I can get the customer to agree that my program will be licensed under a GNU GPL ,
I get paid, and the four freedoms are always protected.

Kind Regards,
Andri Effendi
(Currently trying to organise a Free Software movement in Sydney)
Free Software Australia, Sydney
freesoftware.org.au