Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] QTWebengine is nonfree

From: Alejandro
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] QTWebengine is nonfree
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 05:07:08 +0100

F......CK!!!!!! What the hell is thinking KDE?
I like KDE, but their compromise with Libresoftware is repetedly insuficient. Grrrr....

El 8 de enero de 2017 3:15:44 CET, "André Silva" <emulatorman@riseup.net> escribió:
Hi guys, since Chromium is blacklisted as nonfree software [0] we have a
serious issue. KDE is migrating their apps to QTWebEngine which contains
Chromium as the embed engine inside it. [1]

Blacklisting it could be a solution, however since it's an engine, a lot
of packages won't work without it and it will require a large task to
remove the entire QT/KDE framework.

What do you think is the best solution to this problem?

I feel that Chromium is nonfree and presents privacy risks due to
outstanding issues.

[0]:https://www.libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines#chromium-browser
[1]:https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/1167