Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libre software for Berkeley, CA?

From: N.Thomas
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libre software for Berkeley, CA?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:45:32 -0500

I didn't read Berkeley's code, but it's always about hearts and minds.

I've never worked on anything municipal scale,but I suggest distributing live USBs with your target distribution. There are good social and functional reasons.

Letting key people try it live, gives them a taste of what Free Software really is about. They also get that 'cutting edge' cool kid feeling.

A few may shy away, but the first person who installs a Free Systrm at least to dual-boot doubles your team.

It would've great to see Berkeley go Free Software.