Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Keysigning Party At LibrePlanet?

From: Deb Nicholson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Keysigning Party At LibrePlanet?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:03:53 -0400

On Friday afternoon, I'm running a personal security and privacy skillshare and would love it if one or two people came over to encourage people to generate keys.

It's not too far from the FSF office and I think it will be pretty chill.

https://www.meetup.com/desktop-linux-users-group/events/238268984/

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Jason Self <j@jxself.org> wrote:
Jason Self <j@jxself.org> wrote ..
> Is anyone interested in meeting up at LibrePlanet to sign GPG keys?

Okay, seems that the answer is "yes."

Anyone that wants to participate should read and follow this so that
they're ready:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120429141201/http://keysigning.org/methods/
adhoc

I'm trying to be available at different times in case one particular time
doesn't work well for someone.

Before the conference:
* I'm organizing a dinner on Thursday night (see that other thread.) Feel
free to come and we can do that process there.
* I'll be at the FSF's open house on Friday. I'll be wearing a shirt with
my IRC nick (jxself) on it.

During the conference:

There are some wooden tables and benches in the hallway, across from
where the FSF shop has been set up in previous years (I assume it'll
still be in the same spot this year?) If anyone's not been there in
previous years or isn't sure what I mean, I mean these:

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/cf1a8f305fef4f4aad95701c799fb70d/student-
inside-the-ray-and-maria-stata-center-or-building-32-designed-e9waee.jpg

I'll be there on Saturday from 14:45 - 15:30 (during Session block 4A)
and also during the last 20 minutes of the lunch period (from 13:30 -
13:50) on both days.

I'll either make a physical keysigning party sign (or maybe put something
up on my laptop's screen and use that as a sign) to make it easy to
identify me.

If this doesn't work for anyone please email me and we can work something
out.

See you there!