Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Please fix streaming!... it keeps stopping/sta

From: Marcus Wilson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Please fix streaming!... it keeps stopping/starting.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 07:33:38 -0700

IRC is great at LibrePlanet for sure. The AV people have been fantastic and very responsive to issues. Big thanks to them for running this!

If you are using the web player and it acts up you can hit up the icecast page directly to see if that works. You can visit either of these pages at least at the time I'm typing this up.

http://live2.fsf.org/ or  http://live.fsf.org/

If the stream doesn't work in firefox or whatever browser you are using after a couple of refreshes some people have had success with VLC.

The stream format is
For slides / projector it's http://live.fsf.org/slides-XXX.webm

For talk it's http://live.fsf.org/stream-XXX.webm

Hope that helps!

-Marcus

PS If you are getting lag you can mess around with the advanced settings in VLC to increase your buffer size. It might help. Good luck!

This has been my experience anyhow. :D

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 4:37 AM, Ian Kelling <ian@iankelling.org> wrote:

Don Warner Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org> writes:

> Please fix streaming!... it keeps stopping/starting.
>
> How do you get streaming to work well?

I was at the conference yesterday, fsf is aware of the video issues. My
only advice is to be in the irc channel for the talk room and say
something when video is not working for you. This really can be helpful.