Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 23:31:36 +0200

Le 7 octobre 2017 20:51:05 GMT+02:00, Julian Daich
<julian.daich@freecomputerlabs.org> a écrit :
>Hi there,
>
>I received several opinions and comments and see the best option for
>me is to seat with a lawyer in person. Institutions resulted to be no
>so responsive. Somebody can recommend a person? It can be at the
>Boston area or Spain.

Did you try legal@gnu.org ? Their lawyers are comfortables with licences
compatibilities, and with emergent technologies such as 3d printing there is a
rising point to solve between programs and physical devices.

While Richard Stallman (rms) answers here time to time, I can't remain if he
has been involved in that discussion. If not, RMS could help both on legal as
on as ethical gaps (rms@gnu.org --- /unsure of address).

(notably, GNU position is to enforce libre software licences in a "viral" way,
opposite to Public Domain or simple denials of responsability added to it --
BSD, ...)