[libreplanet-discuss] Visiting LibrePlanet from Aurora, IL - USA

From: Nelson
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Visiting LibrePlanet from Aurora, IL - USA
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 06:21:15 -0400

Hi LibrePlanet people,

My name is Nelson Marquez. I'm 22 years old. Originally from Venezuela, living
in Illinois since September 2016.

I've been using GNU/Linux for the past two or three years. I do my best to keep
myself up-to-date with what's going on in the FLOSS community - use FLOSS
applications on my phone and advocate for free software when possible.

I'd love to attend LibrePlanet 2018 and for the first time, get to see Richard
Stallman alive. I also would love to be part of other talks in the conference,
interact with FLOSS enthusiasts like me and get 'cool' FLOSS swag, if doable.
(Read: if pocket allows me to.)

As usual, money is an issue. I still haven't purchased flight tickets and doing
my best to allocate funds for proceeding. I'm looking for friendly, easygoing
hosts who would spare a couch for me since Friday March 23rd until Sunday the
25th. (Read: I'd sleep in Friday and Saturday night only.)

As for food, I'd get by as my budget allows - no big deal. Fortunately, I've
been a FSF member since 2016 - when I was just landing in the US and that
entitles me for free entrance at LibrePlanet. Yay!

Looking forward to hear from any friendly person in Boston, MA.
Nelson M.