Non-free software in voting machines

From: Akira Urushibata
Subject: Non-free software in voting machines
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:34:39 +0900 (JST)

I recently sent a message to this list on software in voting machines,
erroneously titled "GPL on AI generated code."

Hereby I correct the title: "Non-free software in voting machines"

I am sorry for the confusion caused by the mistake.

---

Among the great volume of news reports on Donald Trump's 4th
indictment, a significant portion focuses on the voting machine issue.
I notice sensational titles among them: for instance the term "hack"
is used to describe unauthorized access of software and data.  (Though
not totally incorrect, such wording is misleading.)  We should strive
to identify reliable, accurate sources.