[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:59:21 +0200
Just one more thing..
* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:23:44AM CEST:
> * Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:55:05PM CEST:
> > Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > > I have a couple of gripes with it:
> > > - First, LTCOMPILE is not published interface by Automake,
> > > - Second, you kill dependency tracking for the LTLIBOBJS,
> > >
> > > Considering this, maybe this is too high a price to pay for gaining
> > > unchanged AM_CPPFLAGS, DEFS, and AM_LDFLAGS. What do you think?
> > > Sorry for not thinking enough about this before, but now that I see
> > > this, I believe it needs to be addressed.
> > I wavered on this myself for a while, and on balance, I think you're
> > right: we need hackish workarounds to make it work properly. I've
> > reverted to using AM_CPPFLAGS and AM_LDFLAGS.
> OK to apply after changing the libtool.texi part to also reflect this.
I noted what was AM_CPPFLAGS and DEFS before is only AM_CPPFLAGS now.
I'm pretty sure that change is benign, except for one thing: Autoconf
DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
as well, I guess, so it'll be listed twice on the command line, no?
You don't need to set it in that case.
Incidentally, can't we just remove our call to AC_CONFIG_HEADER in
ltdl.m4 completely now?
Untested, by the way.
[patch 04/19] 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff Queue, Gary V. Vaughan, 2005/10/10
- Re: [patch 01/19] 277-gary-rename-remaining-troublesome-ltdl-apis.diff Queue, (continued)
Re: [patch 00/19] @patch@ Queue, Ralf Wildenhues, 2005/10/10
- Re: [patch 04/19] 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff Queue, Ralf Wildenhues, 2005/10/11
- Re: [patch 04/19] 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff Queue, Gary V. Vaughan, 2005/10/13
- Re: [patch 04/19] 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff Queue, Gary V. Vaughan, 2005/10/14
- Re: [patch 04/19] 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff Queue, Ralf Wildenhues, 2005/10/16
- 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff, Gary V. Vaughan, 2005/10/17
- Re: 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff, Ralf Wildenhues, 2005/10/18
- Re: 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff, Gary V. Vaughan, 2005/10/18
- Re: 286-gary-libtoolize-recursive-ltdl.diff,
Ralf Wildenhues <=