Re: dependencies in c++

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: dependencies in c++
Date: 19 Oct 2000 15:32:53 -0200

On Oct 19, 2000, Patrick Guio <address@hidden> wrote:

> I really have problems to get the dependencies stuff to work correctly. I
> can see that some depcomp files are installed in my subdirectories but if
> I touch a .h file the stuff is not rebuilt.

Which compiler are you using?  The new dependency-tracking code in
automake only enables dependency tracking by default if the compiler
can generate dependencies as a side-effect of compilation.  In other
cases, you have enable it explicitly.  Run `configure --help' for the

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden,}