Re: SCO 5 shared libraries and -lc

From: Boyd Lynn Gerber
Subject: Re: SCO 5 shared libraries and -lc
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:31:28 -0600 (MDT)

On 17 Apr 2001, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> cc and gcc on sco know not to add -lc, so the test there looks like it
> would probably be right, except that archive_cmds is setup to use $LD,
> so it doesn't come into play.
>
> Maybe archive_cmds should switch to using $CC, though I wouldn't know
> if that might upset anything else.

I definetly think on both UnixWare and OpenServer, it should be $CC.  I
had major problems with pike and roxen (Web Server) because $LD.  The fixe
was to change from $LD to $CC with the right switches for gcc and
cc/CC/c++.

> I don't know if it counts as a bug, though rumour has it there's a
> patch for unixware to address it.  Certainly something strange is
> going on, it doesn't look like a basic ld.so/ELF setup, libc.so is an
> ar archive for a start.  Cc to a sco expert for further remarks.

I think it is.  I know I have fought many many hours only to find that had
I linked with $CC the problem was fixed.

--
Boyd Gerber <address@hidden>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044