Re: Fix: Interlibrary dependencies SCO Uw7

From: Matthew Schalit
Subject: Re: Fix: Interlibrary dependencies SCO Uw7
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:29:34 -0700

"Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 April 2001  1:06 am, Matthew Schalit wrote:

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the followup.

> If you are sure that it is okay to link non-PIC objects from a static archive
> into a shared library, then this is the right thing to do.  You can test this
> by manually linking a shared lib with a static archive, and then trying to
> run an application linked against only the new shared library, but that
> relies on a symbol from the static archive.  If you can confirm that this
> works, I'll commit your patch.

Does the fact that the libtool passes all 83 tests,
including the

    deplib.test

file mean that we're good?

If it's not enough, I can post to comp.unix.sco.programmer
and see if one of the SCO engineers has a definitive
answer.  I already had one of them show me how to do a
   dump -Lv /lib/libjava.so
sort of command to see the NEEDED lines which supposedly
are evidence of an interlibrary dependency.

I'm not sure I have enough knowhow to create
a test by hand otherwise.

Thanks,
Matt