libtool broken in kdebase 2.2.0

From: Jack Howarth
Subject: libtool broken in kdebase 2.2.0
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 16:34:07 -0400 (EDT)

   I have noticed that on debian ppc sid we
have problems building kdebase 2.2.0 because
of flaws in the libtool included there. The
problem is that the libtool is linking with
--nostdlib but fails to pass -lgcc along for
the link. This results in shared libs with
an undefined symbol for __cmpdi2 which would
be resolved by linking in libgcc. I would like
to here some suggestions on how to address this
by a patch to libtool so we don't have to hack
the's in kdebase. I have been told
that libtool should be smart enough to figure
out from gcc -v that it needs to link in libgcc.
Thanks in advance for any help in resolving this
              Jack Howarth
Jack W. Howarth, Ph.D.                                    231 Albert Sabin Way
NMR Facility Director                              Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0524
Dept. of Molecular Genetics                              phone: (513) 558-4420
Univ. of Cincinnati College of Medicine                    fax: (513) 558-8474