Re: address@hidden: __eprintf undefined

From: Hubert Feyrer
Subject: Re: address@hidden: __eprintf undefined
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:26:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> It is a long standing bug with gcc using native ld on solaris,
> revealed in this release because I have started using assert() in
> ltdl.c (which requires __eprintf from libgcc.a).
> Here are a couple of options:
>   * upgrade to gcc 3.0.1 from which doesn't have the bug
>   * recompile gcc-2.95.x to use binutils rather than native ld

Um, I wasted some time on gcc 3.x, and decided to stay at 2.95.3 for now.
I'm running the following lines after running configure, and libtool
works fine now:

sed \
        libltdl/Makefile >libltdl/Makefile.fixed
mv libltdl/Makefile.fixed libltdl/Makefile

Thanks for that tip! :-)
Now to teach zlib to use libtool next...

> I'm about to release 1.4.2, which will diagnose the bug if you have a
> setup that is susceptible, but will still link for you (with a
> warning) until you have time to upgrade...

cool, thanks for that in advance!

Let me add a work of thanks for all the libtool developers for providing a
nice tool that gives a uniform interface to shlib creation on many
platforms. (I use libtool in the NetBSD packages collection which works on
quite a number of a.out and ELF platforms, besides Solaris ;-)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->